2023 Triple Crown Contenders
Trainer: Terunobu Fujita
Jockey: Kazushi Kimura
Owner: Hiroaki Arai
Morning Line Odds:
Foaling Date: 3-20-2020
Pedigree: Shanghai Bobby - Namura Nadeshiko (JPN), by Fuji Kiseki (JPN)
Dosage Profile: 2-1-1-0-2
Dosage Index / CD: 1.40 0.17
2022 Record: 4 Starts: 4 - 0 - 0, $205,726
Best Beyer Figure: ?
Auction Price: has not been sold via public auction
Note: Mandarin Hero was undefeated as a 2-year-old in Japan. He made his 2023 debut finishing second in the Kumotori Sho in Japan then shipped to Santa Anita to finish second in the Santa Anita Derby (G1) for his final prep. He was the second also-eligible for the Derby but drew in after Practical Move and Lord Miles scratched on Thursday. Finished 12th at 17-1 odds in the Kentucky Derby (G1) beaten 20 1/4 lengths.
Back to previous page
2023 Triple Crown quick links:
- Belmont Entries - With no Triple Crown on the line this year, a small field of only 9 horses was entered with Forte the favorite at 5-2 in post 6. Check out all the entries with full profiles and photos.
- Analyzing the Belmont Stakes Contenders - Our annual analysis using popular angles and statistical trends to see who best matches the profile of a Belmont winner. This year the top horse hasn't run in a Triple Crown race yet!
- Belmont Stakes Workouts - Check out photos from Wednesday morning at Belmont Park with Hit Show and Il Miracolo. Thursday works and racing were cancelled due to the poor air quality.
- Belmont Stakes Workouts - Entries for the Belmont will be drawn on Tuesday. Here are Forte and Tapit Trice in their final timed works and Preakness winner National Treasure galloping on Saturday at Belmont Park.
- National Treasure holds on in the Preakness (G1) - Saturday at Pimlico, National Treasure took the lead early and held off Blazing Sevens by a head to win the Preakness Stakes (G1) while favorite Mage finished third. Get the results, chart, and photos here.
- Preakness Undercard Stakes Results - There were 9 other stakes on Preakness day headlined by the Dinner Party Stakes (G3) won by Never Explain, the Chick Lang Stakes (G3) won by Ryvit, the Maryland Sprint Stakes (G3) won by Straight No Chaser, the Gallorette (G3) won by Whitebeam, and the Sir Barton won by Arabian Lion. Get the results, charts, and photos for all 9 races here.
- Black-Eyed Susan Day Results - Taxed rallied to win the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (G2) by 3 3/4 lengths over Hoosier Philly and favorite Faiza at Pimlico on Friday. There were 5 other stakes on the card including the Pimlico Special (G3) won by Rattle N Roll, the Allaire Dupont Distaff won by Interstate Daydream, and the Miss Preakness Stakes (G3) won by Maple Leaf Mel. Get the results, charts, and photos for all 6 races here.
- 2023 Alibi Breakfast - The traditional Alibi Breakfast was on Thursday May 18, before the 148th running of the Preakness Stakes. Connections of four of the eight Preakness entrants were on hand to swap stories about their horse as well as watch the presentation of the annual awards.
- 2023 Preakness Thursday Photos - Thursday all of the Preakness horses were on the track on a cool, sunny morning. Photos of all 8 of the Preakness horses, including Mage, First Mission, and National Treasure.
- Preakness Entries - A field of only 8 was entered for the Preakness with Mage the only Derby horse in the race. He is the 8-5 favorite in post 3 with First Mission the second choice at 5-2 in post 8. Check out the horses with post positions, odds, and free past performances.
- Analyzing the top Preakness Contenders - Our annual analysis of the contenders to see who best matches the profile of a Preakness winner. It is no surprise that Mage is the runaway winner in this year's analysis.
- Preakness Weather Forecasts - up to 15 days in advance. Looks good for now, warm and overcast.
- Belmont Stakes Tickets on eBay.com
- Mage a magical winner in the 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) - Saturday at Churchill Downs, long shot Mage rallied from far back to win the Kentucky Derby (G1) by a length over Two Phil's and favorite Angel of Empire. Get the results, chart, and photos here.
- 2023 Kentucky Derby Field - Photos for each horse from the post parade plus where they finished and a link to their profile.
- Miscellaneous Kentucky Derby Photos - All kinds of photos from Oaks day and Derby Day, including trophies, flowers, anthem singers, scenic shots, and more. Check out the photos.
- Kentucky Derby Undercard Stakes Results - There were 7 other graded stakes on the card with the Derby, including the Old Forester Turf Classic (G1) won by Up to the Mark, the Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (G2) won by Fluffy Socks, the Derby City Distaff (G1) won by Matareya, the Churchill Downs Stakes (G1) won by Cody's Wish, the American Turf (G2) won by Webslinger, the Pat Day Mile (G3) won by General Jim, and the Twin Spires Turf Sprint (G2) won by Nobals. Get the results, charts, and photos here. New!
- Kentucky Derby Entries - A field of 20 plus three also-eligibles were entered for the 149th Kentucky Derby on Monday. Florida Derby winner Forte was set as the morning line favorite at 3-1 from post 15. Get all the horses, post positions, morning line odds, and free past performances here. FYI - there are now 5 scratches: Practical Move, Lord Miles, Continuar, Skinner, and Forte. All the AEs are in the race.
- Pretty Mischievous wins the 2023 Kentucky Oaks (G1) - Friday at Churchill Downs, longshot Pretty Mischievous held off Gambling Girl by a neck to win the Kentucky Oaks (G1) by a neck with The Alys Look third and favorite Wet Paint fourth. Get the results, chart, and photos here.
- Kentucky Oaks Undercard Stakes Results - There were 6 other stakes on the card today with the Oaks, including the La Troienne (G1) won by Played Hard, the Alysheba (G2) won by Smile Happy, the Eight Belles (G2) won by Red Carpet Ready, the Edgewood Stakes (G2) won by Heavenly Sunday, the Modesty (G3) won by Didia, and the Unbridled Sidney won by Caravel. Get the results, charts, and photos here.
- Thursday Kentucky Derby Photos - 20 Kentucky Derby horses and 10 Kentucky Oaks fillies from Thursday morning on the track or paddock schooling at Churchill Downs. Two loose horses this morning! Also, Practical Move scratched letting in Cyclone Mischief and later Lord Miles scratched letting in Mandarin Hero. This evening Continuar scratched so now King Russell is in as well. And Friday morning Skinner scratched so only 19 in the race.
- 2023 Kentucky Derby Analysis - Our annual analysis of the top contenders to try and select a winner by matching each to the profile of a Kentucky Derby winner using many of the more popular angles and statistical trends. This year the field is very evenly matched but there is a narrow winner for top choice but it isn't the favorite.
- Wednesday Kentucky Derby Photos - 15 Kentucky Derby horses and 14 Kentucky Oaks fillies from Wednesday morning on the track or paddock schooling at Churchill Downs, plus last year's Derby winner Rich Strike.
- Tuesday Kentucky Derby Photos - 18 Kentucky Derby horses and 13 Kentucky Oaks fillies from Tuesday morning on the track or paddock schooling at Churchill Downs. Also shots of the new paddock and clubhouse turn grandstand and Rich Strike.
- Kentucky Oaks Entries - On Monday the post positions were drawn for the 149th Longines Kentucky Oaks and a full field of 14 3-year-old fillies plus three also-eligibles made the entry box, with 5-2 morning line favorite Wet Paint drawing post 7. Get the horses, post positions, and free past performances here.
- Kentucky Derby Points List - this is what determines which horses can get in the Kentucky Derby field.
- 2023 Road to the Kentucky Derby - All the point earning races on the Triple Crown Trail leading up to the Kentucky Derby with results and winners updated as they are run.
- 2023 Triple Crown Late Nominations - Sunland Derby (G3) winner Wild on Ice headlines the list of seven late Triple Crown nominations made eligible by a $6000 fee by the March 27 deadline.
- Early Triple Crown Nominations - 312 horses where nominated by the early deadline of January 29 for the 2023 Triple Crown. Trainer Todd Pletcher nominated the most with 42 followed by Brad Cox with 26. Check out all the horses and free past performances from Equibase.
- Derby prep race charts - free from DRF
- Fillies in the Preakness Stakes - a look at the 53 fillies who have run in the Preakness and how they did. So far there have been 5 wins, 5 seconds, and 8 thirds.
- Preakness Traditions - Black-eyed Susans to the winner, the Woodlawn Vase trophy, the Alibi Breakfast, painting the weather vane, and more.
- Official Preakness Page - from the Maryland Jockey Club
- Baltimore Sun Preakness Section - lots of articles and photos
- Blood Horse Triple Crown Mania
- DRF Preakness Special - lots of good info like past winners preps and past performances.
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others.
- Send this page to a friend - know someone who would like to see this page? Click here to send them the link.
Back to Horse-Races.Net main page