2023 Belmont Stakes Entries
|Belmont Stakes Poll|
Who will win the 2023 Belmont Stakes?|
This year, the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (G1) will not have a horse going for the Triple Crown, with Mage winning the Kentucky Derby and National Treasure winning the Preakness Stakes. Mage is going to sit out the Belmont to rest up for the Travers, but National Treasure is going to New York. On Tuesday final entries were taken and post positions drawn for the $1.5 million Belmont Stakes (G1) presented by NYRA Bets. A small field of just 9 will go to post on Saturday afternoon for the 1 1/2 mile "Test of the Champion", one complete lap of the main oval at Belmont Park.
Scratched Kentucky Derby favorite Forte is the 5-2 morning line favorite and drew post 6. Second choice at 3-1 is Forte's stablemate Tapit Trice, who drew post 2. Trainer Todd Pletcher said about Forte, "We ride our race and ride to win the race. You have to expect him [Forte] to be a fit horse. Itís 10 weeks between races, but he had a great foundation leading into that and he hasnít missed much training. His breezes here have been very good. I personally havenít seen the bottom of him. In all of his training, he comes back and cools out quickly. We still have to do it. It wasnít ideal the way we got here, but itís how itís unfolded."
Preakness winner National Treasure is the third choice at 5-1 and he drew post 4. Assistant trainer Jimmy Barnes said, "We wanted an inside-type post, so post four should be perfect for him. At a mile and a half, it's not that big a concern. He's been going over the track very well here. I couldn't be happier with him. We're happy to be here and participating in this Belmont and I look forward for good things to happen. Most of the Belmonts we've won, our horse has been up close, so I'd say that's where he'll probably be."
Live television coverage on Saturday June 10 will be provided from 4:00-7:30 p.m. on Fox, for the first time ever, with post time for the Belmont Stakes scheduled for 7:02 p.m., carded as Race 12. All times are Eastern time zone.
Be sure to click the link on each horse's name to view full info, stats, and a photo. Free past performances can be found here from BRISnet (look for Forte)
Triple Crown quick links:
- Analyzing the Belmont Stakes Contenders - Our annual analysis using popular angles and statistical trends to see who best matches the profile of a Belmont winner. This year the top horse hasn't run in a Triple Crown race yet!
- Belmont Stakes Workouts - Check out photos from Wednesday morning at Belmont Park with Hit Show and Il Miracolo. Thursday works and racing were cancelled due to the poor air quality.
- Belmont Stakes Workouts - Entries for the Belmont will be drawn on Tuesday. Here are Forte and Tapit Trice in their final timed works and Preakness winner National Treasure galloping on Saturday at Belmont Park.
- Belmont Weather Forecasts - Forecasts for up to 10 days in advance.
- Belmont Winners - all past winners with breeding, connections, time, odds, etc.
- Belmont Stakes official site - lots of news and info here
- Belmont Stakes History - for 2023 from NYRA split into sections. Includes all kinds of interesting stats plus charts for all the previous runnings included in the list of winners.
- Belmont Stakes Tickets on eBay.com
- National Treasure holds on in the Preakness (G1) - Saturday at Pimlico, National Treasure took the lead early and held off Blazing Sevens by a head to win the Preakness Stakes (G1) while favorite Mage finished third. Get the results, chart, and photos here.
- Preakness Undercard Stakes Results - There were 9 other stakes on Preakness day headlined by the Dinner Party Stakes (G3) won by Never Explain, the Chick Lang Stakes (G3) won by Ryvit, the Maryland Sprint Stakes (G3) won by Straight No Chaser, the Gallorette (G3) won by Whitebeam, and the Sir Barton won by Arabian Lion. Get the results, charts, and photos for all 9 races here.
- Mage a magical winner in the 2023 Kentucky Derby (G1) - Saturday at Churchill Downs, long shot Mage rallied from far back to win the Kentucky Derby (G1) by a length over Two Phil's and favorite Angel of Empire. Get the results, chart, and photos here.
- Kentucky Derby Undercard Stakes Results - There were 7 other graded stakes on the card with the Derby, including the Old Forester Turf Classic (G1) won by Up to the Mark, the Churchill Distaff Turf Mile (G2) won by Fluffy Socks, the Derby City Distaff (G1) won by Matareya, the Churchill Downs Stakes (G1) won by Cody's Wish, the American Turf (G2) won by Webslinger, the Pat Day Mile (G3) won by General Jim, and the Twin Spires Turf Sprint (G2) won by Nobals. Get the results, charts, and photos here.
- Pretty Mischievous wins the 2023 Kentucky Oaks (G1) - Friday at Churchill Downs, longshot Pretty Mischievous held off Gambling Girl by a neck to win the Kentucky Oaks (G1) by a neck with The Alys Look third and favorite Wet Paint fourth. Get the results, chart, and photos here.
- Kentucky Oaks Undercard Stakes Results - There were 6 other stakes on the card today with the Oaks, including the La Troienne (G1) won by Played Hard, the Alysheba (G2) won by Smile Happy, the Eight Belles (G2) won by Red Carpet Ready, the Edgewood Stakes (G2) won by Heavenly Sunday, the Modesty (G3) won by Didia, and the Unbridled Sidney won by Caravel. Get the results, charts, and photos here.
- Blood Horse Triple Crown Mania
- DRF Belmont Special
- New York Post Sports Section - should have some articles, scroll way down to find them in the "Sports Stories" section.
- New York Times Sports - will have Belmont coverage mixed in the other sports page
- Belmont Stakes Videos - Lots of video clips of past Belmonts including most of the Triple Crown winners. Look for the video camera icon to the far right of the winner's name to see if they have a video.
- Triple Crown Trivia Quiz - test your knowledge of the Derby, Preakness, and Belmont and compete with others
- Send this page to a friend - know someone who would like to see this page? Click here to send them the URL
Back to Horse-Races.Net main page